Jun 12, 2007

KABUL Afghan Cuisine

I've been eating 24/7 throughout this trip,
I don't know,
I really can't stand it anymore,
Food still makes me happy,
But...
Too much,
Way too much.
I'm flying back to SoCal on Tuesday night,
My stomach needs a break.

So here it goes again,
Food after food after food,

Which means (One of the days):
Vegetable soup with pork chops,
Pocky,
Duck curry noodles,
Potato skins,
Chips with salsa,
Diet coke (diet won't help me at all, I was just trying to make myself feel less guilty),

And here's what I have for dinner~

KABUL (Inside the Restaurant)-


I don't know who's that girl with mouth wide open.

Where's KABUL?-


Vegetarian Platter-


Top:
Challaw Gulpi
Stewed cauliflower cooked with tomatoes, garlic, and onion.
Cindy's Rating: 4

Left:
Challaw Kadu
Stewed pumpkin topped with yogurt.
Cindy's Rating: 7 (I really like this dish, good balance with sweet and sour flavor)

Right:
Challaw Sabsi
Spinach with onion and garlic.
Cindy's Rating: 5.5

Kabab-


Top:
Kabab-E-Gousfand with Pallaw and Afghan Bread
Marinated lamb with seasoned rice and bread

Bottom:
Kabab-E-Teka with Pallaw and Afghan Bread
Charbroiled beef with seasoned rice and bread

Cindy's Rating for Both: 5 (Meat is too dry for me)

Afghan Tea-


I didn't take a picture of the tea,
It looks like any other regular tea,
But they added cardamom for the flavor,

Cardamom?
Good thing that our waiter was nice,
I was asking "what is cardamom?"
And he gave me that and wanted me to take it home.
Thanks for the power of Google,
I finally figured it out that cardamom is 荳蔻.
Sounds more familiar in Chinese.

Overall Rating: 6

KABUL Afghan Cuisine
833 W. El Camino Real
Sunnyvale, CA 94087
(408) 245-4350

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Nice! Nice!

    Where I live, Kyoto, has great, great food, but I really miss excellent Middle Eastern restaurants.

    Is Afghanistan properly 'Middle Eastern'? Whatever the case, they have some mighty fine food!

    Peko@KyotoFoodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Peko~
    Yeah I was having a hard time coming up with a "region" for Afghanistan food,
    Help me with it!

    ReplyDelete