Jul 5, 2007

Yu's Garden - 余姐清粥

Probably the only few places that open till late in Irvine.
By all means,
Late in Irvine = 11 p.m.
Yu's Garden also serves breakfast starting at 8 a.m.
Congee,
Little Taiwanese dishes,
Even boba,
One stop for all your needs.

Inside the Restaurant-


If you don't wanna order food from the menu,
You can just pick the dishes they have in the front,
And the choices between rice and congee.
$3.00 for one dish,
$4.99 for two dishes.

Congee with Yam-


Cindy's Rating: ?
How am I gonna give ratings for Taiwanese congee...

Dishes One to Five-


Upper Plate:
Fat Pork with Garlic (蒜泥白肉) - 6
Chicken Gizzard (雞胗) - 5
Sour Bamboo (酸筍) - 6

Bottom Plate:
Taiwanese Sausage (香腸) - 5
Duck Egg (鴨蛋) - 4

Dishes Six to Seven-


Minced Pork with Pickled Cucumber (脆瓜肉) - 6
Stir-Fried Veggies (炒青蔬) - 5

Overall Rating: 5

PS.
Two more nice things about this place,
The lady is always nice to me when I go there,
And it's cleaner than most of the Chinese restaurants.

Yu's Garden 余姐清粥
5408-H Walnut Street
Irvine, CA 92604

(949) 654-2366

4 comments:

  1. The congee is not hot enough! The lady is not very nice. There's only 1 table of us at 4:30pm. I will never go again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I don't think any people working there is Taiwanese. There's nothing about typical Taiwanese 清粥 in this place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went there today for the first time today (15 Sep 2011) and I found the food to be very tasty. I was impressed. The lady behind the counter (seemed like the manageress) was friendly and with big smiles all the time. When she heard that we spoke Cantonese, she tried her best to speak Cantonese to us. As a courtesy back to her, we spoke Mandarin. Found out that she was Shanghainese. At least seemed to be much better than the earlier reader had commented. Maybe that grouch was replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Jeffy~
    Thank you for the feedback! Man I just realized this post about Yu's Garden was published so many years ago!

    I've been back to Yu's Garden several times and also found their service got better and better. The manager-like lady was very nice to me too!

    ReplyDelete