Aug 20, 2007

Not So Chill Day in Laguna Beach

I was expecting a pretty chill weekend when I decided to spend my Sunday afternoon at Laguna Beach,
Unexpectedly it turned out to be a wee bit stressful day.

First thing I saw as I drove down Pacific Coast Hwy was a tremendous amount of automobiles.
They were everywhere that you couldn't even make a left turn because cars just kept passing by from the opposite direction.
Not mentioning the pain of searching for a parking spot while at least 5 other cars were aiming at any potential opening spaces at the same time.

The second "thing" I saw was numerous tiny black dots scattering on the beach and along the sidewalk.
People. Of course me myself contributed to one of the dot on the beach.
Lesson learned. Never go to the beach during weekends.

After all the struggles,
I finally managed a way and set my foot inside a restaurant,
230 Forest Avenue, where I had my overrated lunch.

Prosciutto Wrapped Shrimp-


This dish should be easy to recreate at home.
Simple ingredients: tomato, mozzarella, shrimp, prosciutto, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin oil, and maybe a slight touch of pesto sauce.
I'll definitely make this dish again when I get a chance.

Cindy's Rating: 6

Smoked Bacon Wrapped Dayboat Scallops-


The sweetness from the pineapple salsa balanced well with the saltiness of scallops and bacon.
However, the taste doesn't quite reach the standard that will make me order it again.

Cindy's Rating: 6

Frutti di Mare-


And This Little Fellow was Inside the Clam-


This could be one of my least favorite frutti di mare I've ever had before,
The whole plate was under seasoned, and the mussels were fairly fishy.

Cindy's Rating: 4

Flat Iron Steak Salad-


I didn't taste it but according to my friend, the salad was very fresh.

The dishes from 230 Forest Avenue are created by one of the most talented chef, Marc Cohen.
The restaurant itself is also crowned with the celebrated Zagat Award.
But somehow disappointment was beyond fulfillment.

Overall Rating: 5

230 Forest Avenue
230 Forest Avenue
Laguna Beach, CA 92651

(949) 494-2545


2 comments:

  1. oh that poor little fella inside the clam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I enjoyed looking at the food pictures. Glad I wasn't hungry at the time. Keep posting pictures if you can. I really like checking out the food. =)

    ReplyDelete