Aug 3, 2007

The Prado


Located in the center of Balboa Park in downtown San Diego,
The Prado is fully embraced by the beautiful garden surroundings along with its very own artsy decor.

Catering and banquets services are also offered to the public. What a wonderful place to hold weddings or events over here.

How about their food? Despite many awards I saw throughout the restaurant's website, I actually find it...mediocre. Let's see some examples here.

Grilled Chicken & Orecchiette pasta-


Orecciette is a type of pasta that looks like small ears. In Italian, Orecchio means ear.
It always interests me that I can learn new languages while exploring the world of food at the same time.

The pasta looks well-flavored along with red onions and toasted pine nuts. However, the aroma of all these ingredients wasn't delivered successfully. I felt like it was missing something. Perhaps...lemon juice?

Cindy's Rating: 6

Chipotle Braised Chicken Enchiladas-


Nothing will surprise you in this dish.
Cindy's Rating: 4

Even though the food was not as stunning as I expected, the restaurant was actually pretty cute-


Too bad I didn't get a picture of their patio area.
Overall Rating: 6 (The place excites my eyes, but not my palate)


The Prado
1549 El Prado
San Diego, CA 92101

(619) 557-9441

No comments:

Post a Comment