Oct 18, 2007

French 75 Laguna Beach

Wow, it's been a while since I wrote an entry for restaurants,
Two possible reasons,
One: I've been cooking so there's no need to eat out.
Two: I haven't had a chance to try out new restaurants.

So what brought me to French 75?
Duck.
I've been craving for duck for quite a long time,
Thank God that I finally got a chance to feast on it.

French 75 Laguna Beach-


It's along the Pacific Coast Highway,
The sign is actually pretty small so keep an eye for it,
Don't be a fool like me who just drove passed it.
*Despite the fact that I kind of have an idea of where it located at.

Pomegranate Champagne and Raspberry Champagne-


The following pictures gonna be very blurry,
I'll either have to get a better digital camera,
Or just bring my gigantic professional camera along while eating at a romantic restaurant like this.

On Our Right-


Me and my Friends sat at the outdoor seating that day, by the fire.
Good and bad,
Bad thing is that we missed the live band performance inside the restaurant,
Good thing is that at least we can hear each other's conversation.

Burgundy Escargots-


You can find Toulouse sausage, mushroom, and escargot with garlic butter sauce in each single hole.
Forget about the escargots, the sausage was really good,
Creamy and flavorful.

Cindy's Rating: 5 (Because the escargot was ok)

Three Way Duck Alsace-


Consist of confit, grilled breast, and a small tiny bite of foie gras.
I love foie gras,
This dish will be much better if the foie gras wasn't so small,
But I guess for the price I paid ($30ish), I can't ask for more.

Cindy's Rating: 7

Other pictures are just way to blurry to show you guys,
I'll work on my cameras (trying to find an excuse to get a new one!)

The waitress brought us a small complimentary plate,
I forgot its fancy French name,
But it was good,
They combined the duck meat together with figs, presented on a slice of toast.

Ahhh I love duck.


Overall Rating: 6

French 75 (Laguna Beach)
1464 South Coast Hwy
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
(949) 494-8444


2 comments: