Nov 25, 2007

Rasa Malaysia - Authentic Penang Style Cuisine

So this is where I had my last meal in NoCal for my Thanksgiving trip,

Rasa Malaysia-


This place is across the street from Costco in Santa Clara,
Who will ever find this wooden structure that serves authentic Penang style cuisine,
Thanks to my friend's brother,
I had a wonderful experience here.

Nasi Lemak Chicken-


"Coconut rice flavored with cloves and Pandan.
Served with crushed peanuts, curry chicken, fresh cucumber and hard boiled egg."
I have to say that I really really love coconut rice,
Especially when the curry sauce is around.
It'll be gone in seconds.

Cindy's Rating: 5

Kangkung Sambal-


"Sauteed kangkung with sambal belacan shrimp paste."
Strong flavors coming from the shrimp paste,
I like it.
*Sambal usually contains various kinds of peppers. One spicy sauce.

Cindy's Rating: 6

Char Koay Teow (Stir-fried noodles)-


This one is ok, average taste, nothing too surprising.

Cindy's Rating: 5

Tumis Asam Shrimp-


"Shrimps in sour tamarind sauce with cucumber."
The shrimps were very fresh and it goes really well with this sour and spicy sauce.

Cindy's Rating: 7

Cendol (Pronounce as Chendol)-


"Shaved ice with red beans, fresh coconut milk, and palm sugar."
Suppose to have Pandan strips on top of it,
But the owner couldn't get a hold of fresh Pandan leafs that day.
Even though we're missing one main ingredient here,
This dessert still rocks,
Not only it tastes good in your mouth,
The aroma of palm sugar and fresh coconut milk just won't stop penetrating into your nose.

Cindy's Rating: 8

Rasa Malaysia is not a very busy joint,
As we talked to the owner,
Seemed like he is totally fine with small amount of customers.
He likes to have regular customers coming back to the restaurants all the time,
Chatting with them, Making sure that everyone gets the proper service.
Don't get me wrong,
This place can definitely attracts more business if it wants to,
Are you kidding me? Their food is awesome!

Nice people, wonderful service,
You can feel that the owner enjoys his life to its fullest point,
And this can surely affects the mood of the customers who chose to dine there.
This place makes me feel like home,
I'll definitely come back again whenever I stop by NoCal.

Overall Rating: 7

Rasa Malaysia
1290 Coleman Avenue
Santa Clara, CA 95050
(408) 980-0668

http://www.rasa-malaysia.com/

6 comments:

  1. The shrimp in tamarind sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Steamy Kitchen~
    Yeah it tastes awesome,
    I ate a lot of rice that day cz of those yummy dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hm...You made me want Malaysian food.
    I really like it.
    Especially their curry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To mrs.thepoint~

    Yeah,
    Anything with curry always tastes good,
    By the way, you always make me feel hungry too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy, that looks like the perfect meal to me! Did i already ask you to marry me? haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Zen Chef~
    Haha is there anything you don't like to eat?

    ReplyDelete