Apr 5, 2008

M Cafe De Chaya

Many of you probably know already that I'm an organic freak,
I get my hands on everything organic if possible,
Just by looking at my kitchen here,
I have a list of organic stuff:
Organic flour,
Organic rice,
Organic noodles,
Organic spaghetti,
Organic sugar,
Organic milk,
Organic bananas,
Organic oranges,
Organic toasts,
Organic jelly,
The list goes on forever, I even have organic vanilla extract.

And the other day,
Me and my friend went to this cafe place on Melrose avenue in downtown Los Angeles,
Voila! I just found another healthy eating joint.

Inside M Cafe De Chaya-


They strive to use all-natural and organic ingredients for all the items on their menu,
Besides that,
They don't use any refined sugar, eggs, or dairy products.

Here's my order panino margarita with broccolini soup-


Made with "fresh tomato, soy mozzarella & basil-almond pesto on their house baked focaccia."
I couldn't finish all the panini so of course the other half went back to my fridge,
Somehow when I heat it up the next day, it smells and tastes even better.

My friend's panino provancale with fresh green salad-


Made with "seasonal grilled vegetables, arugula, balsamic vinaigrette, pesto aioli, and creamy tofu cheese on house baked focaccia."

But my favorite of the day was this organic fries-


Their house "macro-ketchup" was amazing,
No strong sugary tastes, only slight of sweetness with smooth fruity aroma.

Highly recommended.

Something like this place, emphasizing in natural and healthy food can go a long way in our busy and most likely polluted modern life.

Cindy's Rating: 8

M Cafe De Chaya
7119 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046
(323) 525-0588

http://mcafedechaya.com/index.html

12 comments:

  1. To Andres~
    Haha that's my job!
    We're supposed to meet up before my TW trip,
    Now I'm back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy!

    Those paninos made me drool and it's really great that you found this place.

    Also I want to let you know that I’m part of a team that organizes a foodie roundup event every 2 weeks on a given theme and would love if you would participate. The current theme is springtime salads. What do you say? Given your organic approach your contribution would be highly valued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Linda~
    Organic salads, sounds good!
    I've been bombarded with work these days, but I'll be sure to check your foodie roundup thing regularly and see if I can participate in the next roundup.
    Keep me posted yap?!
    Thanks for inviting me, I'm honored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sorry to hear about the tons of work but thank you so much for your interest in our roundup events! We haven't decided upon the next theme but will keep you posted.
    Also you might be interested in the springtime salads roundup so stay tuned on the 18th of April (+/-1 day).
    The site is linked to my name so feel free to visit us anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great place! Scrumptious food...

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Rosa~
    Yeah go try it out!
    Healthy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food looks delicious! The fries have given me a huge craving. Need to find some. Now.

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. To Elle~
    Thank you for your support!
    I'll keep up the good work finding more restaurants for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks cool and looks good. Me like it! I'm intrigued by that ketchup, interesting idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love fries, organic or not *_^...
    look at tat spread! so scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. To Mochachocolata Rita~
    Same here,
    Big fan of fries!

    ReplyDelete