Apr 20, 2009

Pizzeria Ortica

As a student, there is one golden rule for selecting your classes,
Never take anything on Fridays,
Why?
Do you find it reasonable to sacrifice an extra day staying at school rather than having a relaxing outdoor lunch?
Well, as a foodie, of course I'll pick the second choice,
So here I was, at Pizzeria Ortica close to South Coast Plaza.

Lunch menu-


We (me and my boyfriend) didn't go for the 3 course menu,
Instead, we started out with one antipasti, farro con frutti di mare-

The taste was quite clear and simple,
That's not a bad thing, in fact, its light and fresh flavor makes a perfect appetizer.
One footnote though,
I do feel like I can easily recreate this dish at home, maybe give it a try sometime.

We also ordered this pizza, Milanesa-


"Fontina, asparagus, Parmigiano Reggiano, fried egg."
I instantly picked this one right after I saw "fried egg."
It has to be my favorite thing to put on a pizza,
Seriously, if I can make it myself, I'll put one egg for each individual slice,
That gooey yolk mixed with baked pizza dough...heavenly!
Pappardelle al sugo d'agnello-


"Pappardelle pasta, braised lamb ragu, sheep's milk ricotta."
Kinda gamey, but personally, I do like this "interesting aroma" coming from the lamb.
Pasta was cooked al dente, pretty good dish.

Overall, based on the dishes we ordered, Pizzeria Ortica deserves a 7 from me,
However, the total waiting time was...slightly over my acceptable range,
First we waited for the table,
It took out hostess almost 10 minutes to seat us.
In addition,
I guess they had too many orders of pizza that day, so we waited at least 30 minutes for our entrees to arrive,
Just feel like they should be better with time management.

Overall Rating: 6
P.S. Please please try the fried egg on pizza if you never had it!

Pizzeria Ortica
650 Anton Blvd
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 445-4900
http://www.pizzeriaortica.com/

5 comments:

  1. i work right next to that place and have always wanted to try it! Thanks for the review! Awesome =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To ElleMigliore~
    Go give it a try,
    Overall I think their pizza is way better than other dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to venture out to places near South Coast Plaza soon. We pass by there every week but never go to eat anything! Pizza with fried egg looks very delicious! I like the new angles of the shots you take. They showcase the food with great details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is at South Coast Plaza? My next visit will include this restaurant. Everything looked so tasty!

    I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Eat Travel Eat and Ivan~
    Thanks for the comment regarding my pictures!
    Remember this restaurant is on Anton Blvd, not inside South Coast Plaza.
    It's like across the street from the Club House.

    ReplyDelete