Mar 31, 2010

Mandarin Oriental - Amore Patisserie (Yum!) - Currently Closed

Spring break!!! Weeeeeeeeeee!!

After weeks of draining school projects and my Canon G9 incident,
Oh did I even mention that my laptop got infected by rogue malware the night before my birthday???
. . . . . . . Truely a series of unfortunate events. . . . . . . . . . .
Luckily, my spring break just started!
As a little reward for me............Vegas baby! Here I come!

I did some research before the trip and found out about this dessert place called Amore Patisserie located in Mandarin Oriental hotel inside City Center,
City Center?
Well, that's the newest addition to our all time glamorous Las Vegas Boulevard,
You can find out more information here.
I also took some pictures with my new Canon T1i, take a look~

City Ceter during day time-


At night-


Inside out-


Very beautiful and modern place,
Vegas has once again transformed itself in front of our eyes.

So back to the patisserie place,
I've heard good things and saw 5 star reviews about it,
No way I'll let this one go during my visit in Vegas!

Amore's main entrance facing Las Vegas Boulevard-


Inside the patisserie (front view)-


Inside the patisserie (side view)-


I wanted to go to the front and start shooting close up pictures of the cakes,
But as usual, I got intimidated...
Kinda scary to just get up there, holding a pretty good size camera and start shooting,
Especially while people behind you still trying to order their sweet treats...

So I ended up taking pictures of what I ordered instead,
Hazelnut gelato-


This is DA BOMB that kept  me craving for it even till now!
So chocolaty and so nutty,
If you ever had Godiva's hazelnut truffles,
This dessert tastes similar to that, but in a gelato form.
I didn't even ask to try it before I order this flavor and happily, it didn't let me down!
Highly recommended.

Strawberry shortbread cake-


Frankly speaking I'm not a strawberry fan,
But I figured since I ordered hazelnut gelato,
Better to have something that is not as strong in flavor, like this strawberry shortbread cake instead of other chocolate cakes.
Surprisingly, I am still thinking about the crumbles in between these milky creams,
It was so good that I couldn't believe I'm actually craving for a strawberry dessert!

Ice tea and complimentary pistachio biscotti-


They used passion fruit flavored ice cubes, which adds a natural lemon-like taste to the tea,
It gradually got more sourish as the ice cubes melt though,
The biscotti was good with my hazelnut gelato, yum!

Footnote,
The lady was very polite and helpful while I was ordering my sweet treats,
Plus one-point for the service!
I heard that the hotel also has a tea lounge, it'll be on my have-to-try list next time I visit Vegas!

Cindy's Rating: 8

Amore Patisserie
(Inside City Center - Mandarin Oriental)
3752 Las Vegas Boulevard
Las Vegas, NV 89109
(702) 590-8888
http://www.mandarinoriental.com/lasvegas/dining/amore_patisserie/

6 comments:

  1. I want to go Vegas too!
    Miss it - just so much to do there.
    But it is always nearer to go from LA to Vegas. *envy*
    San Francisco is much further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning! I feel intimidated too, about taking photos in places of business. Your sweets treats look really good! I have perused several of your posts and really enjoyed visiting. Sorry to hear about the irritating situations you have had recently. Great shots with your new camera!

    Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving your comment! Enjoy your spring break!

    Kindly, ldh

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Tigerfish~
    Haha yeah, some of my friends from SF just came down last weekend to OC and they drove to Vegas. Maybe fly there next time, sometimes the airfair can be as cheap as $39 one way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To LDH~
    Thank you so much! About my irritating situations -- Finally all got better now, besides I lost $56 in Vegas haha!
    Have a nice Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely am going to visit here and CityCenter when I (hopefully) go to Vegas next week. Two very excellent reports already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Eat Travel Eat~
    Yeah it's pretty there. Go check it out!! I like Mandarin Oriental!

    ReplyDelete